Friday, February 18, 2011

Eating Local

I apologise for my late post. I have been having issues trying to blog all afternoon. Everytime I tried to blog it either would not let me or kicked me out! How frustrating! Anyhow, I was going to blog on the aticle in New York Times that Dr. V wanted me to look up. However, I was not able to find it. I am pretty bad at finding things on the internet. I did find a few other article related to the idea that local grown food may not be as great as people make it out to be. Most all of them discussed the fact that some foods that are imported are actually safer for the envirnment than the locally grown variety of the same food. Lets use apple for example. There are many different varieties of apples we can all choose from. But certain types of apples release more greenhouse gases than others during growth. Therefor, it would be in the best interest of the environment to import the apples that release fewer greenhouse gases than to grow local apples that release subsantially more gases.

No comments:

Post a Comment