Saturday, January 29, 2011

GAIA: Lovelock

Lovelock's Gaia hypothesis was something that I had never heard anything about before in my life. His theory is one that I strongly agree with. He states that all things earthly are somehow connected within eachother and therfore are alive. He aslo states that anything we do that harms the environment, harms the earth because it is a living being, in a sense just like we are. I've never thought of myself as an environmentalist or anything of that nature, but when I look deeper at what the true meaning of an environmentalist is, the more I think that the definition defines me in many ways.
The Gaia hypothesis is more than just an environmentalist's opinion, it is truly how I belive that all human members of this earth should view the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment